Sunday, November 14, 2010

Charlemagne

Me: Charlemagne, 50 military campaigns, 50 military victories. On paper the perfect general. You were even able to make Michael Hart's list of the 100 most influential people ever in the world qt number 97.
Charlemagne: I was very pleased to make the list however I would've hope to have been placed higher up.
Me: You created the Holy Roman Empire when converted to Christianity, do you believe this empire truly was similar to Rome?
Charlemagne: Unfortunately it never reached the height I had hoped it would. After reinstalling the idea of education I truly believed that it would jump start the process to recovering the Roman Empire.
Me: Well, at least you tried. Do you personally consider your self the greatest general of all time?
Charlemagne: Well I never lost a battle if that helps at all.
Me: It does, Thank you for being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment