Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Golden Age of Greece

Me: Pericles you were the leader of Greece during its golden age right?
Pericles: Why yes I was.
Me: When you first took charge of Athens, did you ever think the city could reach the levels of success that it had reached?
Pericles: Well, I had expected to be able to defeat the Persians in many of those battles. However, when i first started had definitely not expected the city-state of Athens and the state of Greece to evolve into the cultural stand point that it had be come. The Parthenon i believe is a good example of the power of the arts created. The parthenon still to this day attracts visitors from all over the world.
Me: One last thing Pericles, did you believe that your legacy would go down a being one the greatest rulers history?
Pericles: I had confidence that my naval expeditions were going put me up there, but you never really know.

No comments:

Post a Comment